Chrysalis Not For Profit offer a variety of Chrysalis courses that you can take to receive the training you need to enter a career in counselling. We recommend you take the Psychotherapeutic Counselling Course because it’s the most cost-efficient way to launch a career in counselling.
What is the Psychotherapeutic Counselling Course?
Chrysalis Not For Profit’s Psychotherapeutic Counselling Course is a three year advanced training programme which will help you establish a career as a counsellor.
This course will give you with the knowledge base you’ll need as a professional counsellor to provide concrete help and relevant solutions to clients. This will allow you to play an active role in assisting them in overcoming their mental health issues and reaching their full potential.
What units will you study?
The training programme is split into three years. In the first two years you’ll take the modules needed to earn the Chrysalis Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory. In the third year you’ll further your knowledge base by studying six units over ten weekends:
- The Humanistic Approach to Counselling: This first unit will provide you with an understanding of contracting with clients.
- The Psychodynamic Approach to Counselling: This section of the course is devoted to teaching you about legal issues.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Integration: During this unit you’ll learn about difference and diversity.
- Understanding Depression; Human Relationships: At this point in the course you’ll be taught about ethical issues.
- Abuse and Addiction: This module is dedicated to the use of supervision.
- Personal and Professional Aspects of Counselling.
The benefits of the Psychotherapeutic Counselling Course
This is Chrysalis Not For Profit’s most popular training programme. This is you because you receive a range of benefits when you study the Psychotherapeutic Counselling Course. These benefits include:
- The chance to earn a QCF Level 4 Diploma from AIM Awards.
- A training programme that’s fully accredited by the National Counselling Society. This allows you to meet requirements to join their Accredited Register for Counsellors, which is recognised by the Professional Standards Authority.
- The opportunity to join the Society as an M.N.C.S (Acc), a member who has met the Society’s standards to join the register of qualified counsellors. This means that when you complete the course you’ll be eligible to join the Royal Society for Public Health.
- A route to recognition as a Registered Counsellor and the chance to earn an Advanced Diploma (Ad.Dip Psy C.).
- A path to Chrysalis’ Level 5 & 6 (Higher Education) qualifications.
Chrysalis Not For Profit
The Psychotherapeutic Counselling Course fully meets the current professional requirements. It will provide you with a chance to grow with Chrysalis Not For Profit and gain the tools you need to become a professional counsellor.
Established in 1998, Chrysalis Not For Profit is now the UK’s market-leading trainer in talking therapies. We offer creative, enjoyable and relaxed courses, fully accredited by the relevant professional bodies on a part-time basis to fit around your commitments.