You can take a number of Chrysalis courses supplied by Chrysalis Not For Profit to train to become a counsellor. This includes the Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Course.
What is the Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Course?
The Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Course is a one year entry level training programme supplied by Chrysalis Not For Profit. It’s designed to provide you with initial counselling skills and a route to establishing a career as a professional hypnotherapist.
What will you study?
The Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Course takes place over ten weekends and involves 150 hours of practical work. You will study six units over the ten classes during the Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Course:
- Basic Therapy Techniques: This is an introductory unit. It covers subjects such as the history of hypnosis and mental health Contra-Indications.
- Initial Consultation and Induction Techniques: This portion of the training programme is designed to teach students about the unconscious mind, as well as alternative induction techniques.
- Further Application of Hypnotherapy Techniques: This unit covers a range of topics such as anxiety, stress, phobias, weight loss, habits and stopping smoking.
- Hypnoanalysis and Physical Symptoms: During this part of your course you’ll learn about hypnoanalysis as well as how to utilise hypnosis in the context of physical problems.
- Intimate Relationships, Sex and Reproduction: This module is designed to educate you about the use of reproductive hypnosis in childbirth.
- Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills: This section of the course teaches you how to set up a successful hypnotherapy practice.
The benefits of the Hypnosis and Counselling Skills course
You can reap a number of benefits from the Hypnosis and Counselling Skills Course. These benefits include:
- Membership of the National Hypnotherapy Society. This will allow you to build a successful hypnotherapy practice and join an Accredited Register (AR). This is the only hypnotherapy body whose AR is recognised by the Professional Standards Authority.
- Joining the National Hypnotherapy Society as an M.H.S (professional or accredited member of the Society) allows you to join the Royal Society for Public Health and graduates are eligible for registrant status.
- A path to becoming a professional hypnotherapist via a QCF Level 3 Certificate from AIM Awards.
- A clear progression route from hypnotherapy to counselling.
Chrysalis Not For Profit
The Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Course is one of a range of Chrysalis courses supplied by Chrysalis Not For Profit that provide you with the training, knowledge, experience and professional recognition you need to establish a career in counselling.
Established in 1998, Chrysalis Not For Profit is now the UK’s market-leading trainer in talking therapies. We offer creative, enjoyable and relaxed courses fully accredited by the relevant professional bodies on a part-time basis to fit around your commitments.