You can establish a career in counselling by taking a range of Chrysalis courses supplied by Chrysalis Not For Profit. One of our training programmes is the Counselling Skills and Theory Course.
What is the Counselling and Skills Theory Course?
The Counselling and Skills Theory Course is Chrysalis Not For Profit’s two year unique psychotherapeutic training programme. It will equip you with skills to explore a client’s past, present and future, as well as show you a range of techniques to help clients resolve their issues and achieve their goals.
What units will you study?
This training programme is divided into two years. In the first you’ll take the six units needed to earn the Chrysalis Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills. In the second year you’ll expand this knowledge by studying six units over ten weekends:
- Working With a Client’s Present: This unit shows you how to explore a client’s present issues and concerns, as well as how to help them make decisions about the course of action they need to take to overcome them.
- Working With a Client’s Past: During this unit you’ll learn how to explore modalities, ideas and techniques which you can use to help a client understand how their past affects their present.
- Working With a Client’s Future: This module is designed to show you how you can help the client explore where they’re going and help them make progress.
- Stress, Anxiety & Self-Defeating Behaviours.
- Relationships, Bereavement and Loss.
- Development, Motivation and Creativity: In this section of the course you’ll be taught about working with anger and frustration, personal growth and becoming a therapist.
The benefits of the Counselling and Skills Theory Course
You’ll receive a number of benefits by signing up for the Counselling and Skills Theory Course. These benefits include:
- The chance to earn a QCF Level 4 Diploma from AIM awards; a qualification which can help you become a professional counsellor or Therapeutic Skills Practitioner (Dip CST.).
- Taking a training programme that has been quality checked by the National Counselling Society. This course can help you join the Society’s Accredited Register for counsellors which is recognised by the Professional Standards Authority. However this is dependent on completing further studies.
- The chance to join the National Counselling Society as an M.H.S (professional or accredited member of the Society). This will make you eligible to join the Royal Society for Public Health.
- A progression path to higher education.
- The opportunity to jump ahead to the second year of the course if you already have a Level 3 Certificate in Counselling.
Chrysalis Not For Profit
Chrysalis Not For Profit’s Counselling Skills and Theory Course is just one of the Chrysalis courses you can take to make great progress towards becoming a professional counsellor. This particular training programme will also help you become recognised for your therapeutic skills.
Established in 1998, Chrysalis Not For Profit is now the UK’s market-leading trainer in talking therapies. We offer creative, enjoyable and relaxed courses, fully accredited by the relevant professional bodies on a part-time basis to fit around your commitments.